Labor Bag

I want to pack my labor/hospital bag and I've been researching and I've come across a bunch of sites with lists but I still don't feel satisfied I know what I NEED to bring with me. What did you bring with you/are you bring with you? What is NECESSARY?

rethink911

Asked by rethink911 at 5:20 AM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I brought all the stuff on one of those lists to bring.... but honestly, you really only need a carseat, a blanket for the little one, an outfit for the little one and yourself, slippers (cause hospital floors are cold) a pacifier, a book, and the necessary toiletries (ie: a travel size shampoo, conditioner, bar soap, toothbrush, etc...). Oh yeah and bring heavy flow pads.... the hospital might give you like two.... just to be on the safe side though a couple more wouldnt hurt. If I am forgetting anything else, I am sorry...
    ArisMommy27

Answer by ArisMommy27 at 5:40 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• dont forget hairties! and chapstick and i think i may buy one of those little hand held fans my SO can fan me and cool me off when im all uncomfy lol
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 5:43 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Don't forget a nursing bra (if you plan to breastfeed), clean underwear (a couple pairs), and a front-opening night gown or one that would be easy to nurse in. Also, if you have a baby book that you want to put his/her footprints in, take that, too. A pacifier (if there is a certain one you want to use rather than what the hospital will give your baby).
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:15 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Pack like you were going on a trip for 2-3 days ...On your period lol

So....of course maybe a good book, shampoos, slippers...pj's.....pads....
    nursing pads if you are BFing,

at least 2-3 bras,
    i pack more undies i swear last time i packed 6 pair,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 10:39 AM on Dec. 20, 2008