If you got Portraits done this year, How much did you spend & Where did you get them done?

I went to Walmart and got the Silver package that has 14 sheets of pictures and I got a CD. I had a 20% off coupon so I spent 102$ for everything! They are awesome. I have them posted on my page if you wanna see!

MommyRuby2008

Asked by MommyRuby2008 at 6:23 AM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Just for Fun

• got mine done at jc penny's i only pay 9.99 for a sitting fee and 3.99 per sheet of pictures any poses i want and as many as i wanted...i ended up with like 7 sheets of pictures of 7 diff poses i love it i only spent 40 including taxes..i endedup getting like 4 8x10's and a bunch of 5x7's and like 10 wallets...i love it..you can get the coupon on JCPENNYs web site.
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 7:44 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I spent £175 for 7 of us to have it done at a proffesinal photographers studio which we never usually do.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 8:08 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I always get mine at walmart. I have a smile savers card (it costs $20) but I pay no sitting fee and get a free 8x10 everytime I go. I get over 100 pictures and pay just $5. We get pictures all the time. The thing is, you have to have the willpower not to order touchups or extras.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 8:19 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I got mine at Sears, and I paid $265 but i got tons of pictures, I got 1-10x9, 8- 8x10's , 25- 5x8, 50 pocket, 15, key chains w/ pic and 3 nice frames...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I took my own holiday pictures of my daughter got them turned into greeting cards at CVS for only 20 dollars.
    Cassidysmom611

Answer by Cassidysmom611 at 9:27 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I went to the Picture people. I have there portrait club membership. They never charge you a sitting fee and the always have coupons. I had 1 for get a free 10x13 and 20% off the rest. Plus they are done in an hour
    luchousdiva

Answer by luchousdiva at 9:42 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I'm with NavyWife! I take my daughter in once a month to have pics taken...usually just at Wal-Mart because you can get those cheap packages once a month and they have SO many pictures. We have so much family that all want different sizes that if we had to buy a package big enough to satisfy everybody, we would be in debt! lol. With the Wal-Mart pics, everybody gets at least a wallet from each visit, but we alternate packages so everyone gets the size they want.

I took Blythe into JCPenny to get her Christmas pics taken this year and I spent 12.99 for a package (after they applied the coupon) and to have them e-mailed to me. They turned out GREAT. I was very happy!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:44 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I usually go to JCP and spend about $75 on pictures, but this year we're really low on funds so I did them myself. I borrowed my Mother-in-law's SLR camera and spent about $6 to have them printed by Shutterfly. They turned out REALLY well. I am quite surprised since this was my first time to do it.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 9:50 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I have a friend who has a studio in her house and she charged us, a family of 5 $150. We got individual pics of the kids, pics of them together and then of all of us together and then me and my husband. I love going to her and her sister, they are great with the kids and take some of the most amazing pictures we've ever had and the kids have fun, no cranks for picture time!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:51 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• For the past few years I've been doing them myself. I have a great digital camera and I like to take pictures of our family, my husband with all kids, with each kid separately and me with the kids and separately and the kids together and two kids each too. And I've been going to Sears for the past 10 years so I know how to do poses and come up with great ideas myself. I really enjoy taking them myself and have considered going pro after my daughter starts kindergarten in 3 years.
    Julie1976

Answer by Julie1976 at 10:00 AM on Dec. 20, 2008