What do you consider part time child care?

I am doing some research and need your help. What do you ladies consider to be part time child care, as in days or hours per week and what would you consider a reasonable rate of charge?Now I would like input for both in home and centers to how much of a difference it maybe between the too.

Thanks in advance

sexemom24

Asked by sexemom24 at 7:59 AM on Dec. 20, 2008 in General Parenting

• 40 hours of work is full time, so 40 hours of child care is full time.

Anything less than 40 hours of work is part time, so under 40 hours of child care is part time.

In my book, at least.

TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:15 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I agree with the PP reasoning. I do child care in their home and I get $10/hr, I work part time - 3 days a week.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• In a regular work place under 30hours is considered part time.  On prices, Can't help you their. Call around to other in-home and child care centers and find out their prices.   GL

Answer by louise2 at 9:34 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Ok so let me ask this, if a parent that's lets say has their child in that person's care for 9 to 10 a day for 3 days. Would that amount of hours be considered more of full time versus the days? And would you consider part time more on the amount of hours per day or per week? Some responses from centers have been more of the hours per day a child receives care as opposed to the hours per week. They said to charge extra if the parent exceeds 40 or 45 per hours week. My study is to see what would be more reasonable and afforadable approach for both a provider and family.
    sexemom24

Answer by sexemom24 at 11:03 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I think full 5 day weeks is full time. my dd is there 10 hours a day. Part time would entain only a few days a week or only 4-5 hours a day, in my opinion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• to your next question. My day care charges extra if my dd is there for more than 10 hours a day. (actually, the have been very lenient, but that's the written policy.  I think even if it's 10 hours a day, it's still part time b/c they are not there all week. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Dec. 20, 2008