What mosquito repellent do you recommend for a toddler ? And for an adult too.

I bought a while ago a mosquito repellent from the brand Cutter and it didn't work well as my son and I have mosquito bites on our legs and arms (where I sprayed the mosquito repellent). I come from Europe and they use there products who has citronella in it. I was wondering if their is any products that have this in it that a person can use ?

sp30

Asked by sp30 at 1:01 AM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• this may sound odd.. but bounce dryer sheets work for me.. I just rub them on the out side of my toddlers clothes and stuff one in each pocket.. which amazingly hasn't driven her nuts.. and out she goes.. I just wished it worked on fire ants
    Jfort29485

Answer by Jfort29485 at 1:15 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• We just heard about Bounce and we were at a party and we all used it and it worked. I'm all for it -- anything other than a spray!!
    Frankie64

Answer by Frankie64 at 8:54 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• We use Jason Natural Cosmetics Jason Quit Bugging Me - Natural Insect Repellant Spray.

It is Deet, PABA and Paraben free, non-greasy, and safe for kids but the only bad thing is you to have to reapply every 2-3 hours.
    piasmom07

Answer by piasmom07 at 9:09 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• We discovered Cutter Advanced 2 summers ago. it is Deet free. It isn't greasy and it works for hours. mthi9s is the only product so far that really works and doesn't burn my 4 yr old w/ excezma
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:34 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• ive been wondering the same exact thing..and now im going to try the bounce fabric sheets thanks =]
    jaelynsmama07

Answer by jaelynsmama07 at 10:19 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I just read in a magazine the other day that vinegar works great. The smell fades as it drys. I havent tried it yet, but will in the near future
    Amy_M

Answer by Amy_M at 10:34 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• when I was little my mom and all her friends used Skin So Soft by Avon and it worked. Its not marketed as a bug repel so I don't think it has deet or anything bad. its actually an after-bath oil. As a mom now I don't use anything becasue we don't camp and we keep bat houses in our yard so there's no mosquitoes.
    Gotoyourmoms

Answer by Gotoyourmoms at 10:48 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Skin so soft from Avon is great. My son has really sensitive skin and it has never broken him out, and it doesnt stink like regular bug spray.
    StaceeyL

Answer by StaceeyL at 11:36 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Skin so soft by Avon is one of the best. They also sell little pins that you attach to his shirt that are for mosquitos, they sell them in Walgreens.
    autumnjoy3

Answer by autumnjoy3 at 12:07 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• sos all the way. the bounce and vinegar remides sound interesting. gotta try that...
    yumymommy

Answer by yumymommy at 1:10 AM on Jul. 15, 2008