What to do for a first birthday?

I love planning parties... and for my babies first birthday I want to invite all my friends and thier babies because a lot of us who graduated together all had kids close together. So I think it'd be fun to have other babies at a babies b-day party. I'm just having trouble deciding what would be a good activity for 1-2 year olds to do that won't be to stressful on the parents. I was thinking swimming because she has a summer b-day and my baby loves water. But then I started to think about all the swim suits and clothes being changed and what if some babies don't like it. It's still the best idea I've had though. So anyone have any ideas? Or is the swimming a go?

dtetz

Asked by dtetz at 8:53 AM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Its a cute idea...

I would just fill up the kiddie pool with luke warm water all babies like warm water,

I would get as much color in the theme as possible because their bored ....fast!
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 10:24 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I had a baseball themed party for my son at a playground. I served baseball themed food (hotdogs [pigs in a blanket], popcorn, etc.) and cupcakes decorated like baseballs. All the children played on the equipment and swings and had a blast. Swimming would be great too.
    SuperBamaMom

Answer by SuperBamaMom at 9:02 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I think that is a cute idea. Just put that in the invite(that there will be swimmint) so they can bring their kids in swim suits and bring extra clothes and towels. Have like some balls for the kids that dont like water to kick around or throw around.
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 9:59 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I've been thinking about this also my daughter will be one feb 22nd so we cant do a pool party although I wish we could :( But that does sound like a good idea im sure the little ones will love it :)
    SoldierS_GirL22

Answer by SoldierS_GirL22 at 12:25 PM on Dec. 20, 2008