period ?

How long did it take to regulate your cycle after you stopped BF or after you had a baby?

luvnmy3kid

Asked by luvnmy3kid at 9:03 AM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Health

• I stopped breast feeding my baby a few weeks ago and just got my mensus this week for the first time. I don't know if it will be regular or not yet since this is the first one but I am pretty sure it will be.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 9:38 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Like everything else, it's different for every one. I got my period back the month after giving birth even WHILE breast feeding. My girlfriend didn't get hers again for two years! Reguardless of when it happens, don't forget: you are always suseptable to getting pregnant.
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 9:44 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I didn't breastfeed and it took me four months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• My son self weaned at almost 21 months...that was last October. I got a period in Jan 08 (woohoo for no period for almost 3 years) but it's been very irregular since then. I never start on the same date, never the same length of time. My Dr. said it's all normal, just your body trying to regulate the hormones. I also haven't dried up yet (it's only been 14 months!) , so that might have something to do with it.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 10:06 AM on Dec. 20, 2008