Mirena IUD removal and heavy bleeding. Normal?

Hi, I just had my iud removed Thursday and I woke up about 1 1/2 hours ago with major cramps and could feel clots being passed (TMI I know!) Anyways, I get to the bathroom and I am covered in blood. So I get cleaned up and lay back down after taking some Ibroprophen (sp?). Well I constantly feel blood and clots, so I can't sleep. I get up, pass clots the whole time, and I had already soaked through my pad. Is this normal?

llpalady

Asked by llpalady at 9:14 AM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Health

• I had my Mirena removed on August 13th. I bleed really heavy for a week, then it stopped. And I got pregnant by Sept 19th. I was told it was normal, and I didnt have any problems. It will pass, if it doesnt pass after 2 weeks I would call your doc. Its basically your system getting back in check. And if you didnt have your period this month yet, it will still come too. Well it did with me, all woman are different.
    Hnrnowak

Answer by Hnrnowak at 4:41 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• My story is almost exactly like hrnrowak's, just different dates! I think what you're experiencing is normal. Put another pad on, and try to relax. =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:56 AM on Dec. 23, 2008