WHAT CAN I DO FOR PAIN RELIEF WHILE HEALING FROM SHINGLES?

I WAS TOLD THAT I HAD SHINGLESABOUT A MONTH AGO. I AM STILL IN A LOT OF PAIN. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE IS ANYTHING I CAN BE DOING TO MAKE THE PAIN GO AWAY?

dimplz82

Asked by dimplz82 at 1:06 AM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Health

• tylenol and cool baths/compresses...I believe that is what my FIL did... Those aveneo oatmeal baths may also help.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 1:10 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• who told you ? Did you seek medical treatment? If so, I would certainly go right back to your doctor.. he/she should have given you a prescription for a narcotic pain reliever. Shingles are very painful.
    Reggaemama777

Answer by Reggaemama777 at 1:47 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I have had them twice in the last year. I am 38yrs old. My Dr. said that pain meds was my only help. In order to keep from having it active again, the Dr. said I had to limit stress, and if I get over heated it will cause another out break. I feel your pain. Hang in there.
    cmktak

Answer by cmktak at 10:11 PM on Jul. 15, 2008