How long until I'm dried up?

I weaned my DD and now I still feel full and the HURT and its been a week... how long until I'm dried up?

iLuVmYMaDiSoN07

Asked by iLuVmYMaDiSoN07 at 9:45 AM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can used ice cold crushed-outer cabbage leaves in your bra a few times a day. You can pump a small amount to relieve the pressure, but not too much because you don't want your body to make more. You can also wear tight fitting sports bra, but don't bind because it can damage your breast tissue. My son self weaned at almost 21 months, that was 14 months ago...I've yet to dry up. Hope you get some more advice.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 9:51 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Don't pump at all, just use the cabbage leaves. I used that cabbage leaves and it felt sooooooooo good and I did that for two or three days. Just make sure you are wearing a good bra and change the leaves several times a day. I just used the leaves right from the fridge, I didn't freeze them.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:59 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• It can be anywhere from a few days to a few weeks to a year or so.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:36 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Some people don't totally dry up....I am one of them
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 12:59 PM on Dec. 20, 2008