COLORIND AND HIGHLIGHTING MY HAIR

IM 16 WEEKS AND 5 DAYS WUD U SAY ITS SAFE TO COLOR AND HIGHLIGHT MY HAIR? HAS NE ONE ELSE DNE THIS WHILE BEING PREG IF SO HOW FAR ALONG WERE U WHEN U DIDI IT?

kimmie123

Asked by kimmie123 at 9:49 AM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i was into the second trimester because that is what i was told. i have done it twice so far. highlighting i heard not to do it. and i also was told that a professional should color your hair because you get less chemicals on your face and such. i would ask the dr.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:18 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Its alright if your in a well ventilated area, I was around 20 or something weeks when i did my hair and i stood outside lol my doctor did give me permission first, so id ask him or her next time you bounce into the office or give the nurses a call in the office they will know too!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Coloring your hair isn't harmful as long as its done after or in the 2nd trimester, and you don't use any bleaching products, or hair color with ammonia
    juliasmommy08

Answer by juliasmommy08 at 10:55 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I dyed my hair in the first trimester and my son is fine. Just make sure you are hydrated when you go because I was so nauseous once and getting over morning sickness and wasnt hydrated so I got sick.
    mrsmilander

Answer by mrsmilander at 1:14 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I just waited until after the baby was born.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 1:28 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Personally, I could never do it. I don't understand all these pregnant women getting their nails done or coloring their hair. There is enough pollution in our food and water and the air we breathe. Why add any additional chemicals to the mix? Don't worry, you'll be plenty beautiful in no time.
    Anonymous