For breastfeeding or Mom's that have breastfed......

At what age was your son/daughter when you weaned them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Jul. 14, 2008 in General Parenting

• It depends on the mom and the baby my son stopped at a month because he wouldn't eat anything besides formula, my daughter is almost 8 months and still nursing because she won't take a bottle of formula from me. Anyone else has no trouble. So it depends on what is right for you and your baby.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 1:44 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• my daughter was 4 months, my son was 2 1/2 months cause he didnt want to bf. just remember that any bf is better than none at all (even if it is one day) but if u dont it wont hurt ur baby either.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 2:04 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I had to wean after 7 weeks. He just wasn't gaining the weight from my milk. And he was feeding all the time. I wanted to BF for at least 3 months. Longer if i could.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 9:23 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I weaned my daughter after 6 1/2 months. She started getting teeth and bit me one good time. So I slowly weaned her before anymore teeth could come in.
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 3:36 PM on Jul. 14, 2008