I want to know the Pro's and Con's of having Breast implants. Any stories/advice or ideas are appreciated thnks!

Plastic Surgery

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I had implant put in 12 yrs ago and it was one of the best things I've done. Please make sure you check out a lot of drs. before selecting one, this is a huge commitment! I was lucky to have found a great dr. but when they tell you you'll be fine in a few weeks, I know for myself that was not true! It took me a good couple of months before I could move around normally.
    Any other questions, get in touch with me......
    krisstencarmela

Answer by krisstencarmela at 9:15 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I had implants put in almost 2 yrs ago. The surgery was a lil rough but I was back to taking care of my 7 month old that night. It takes you a couple of weeks for all the tenderness and swelling to go away. The only problem I have now is they were inserted under the muscle (didnt have a choice did not have enough fat tissue to hide them) so now certain ways i lay or move my arms they will move a lil and it causes a short pain in the chest area. But I would do it a thousand times over. I was so pleased with mine and I feel so much better about myself. I would do a lot of research I think the results depend on the surgeon you use. Make sure they are board certified. Also start checking out before and after photos on internet. Gives you a better idea of turnouts and what size you would like. Just remember that implants are not going to make your breast perfect. Your breast are going to be shaped the same just larger!! If fyou have any other guestions feel free to contact me!!
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 9:43 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I think people might talk about you if they look fake. I've heard the recovery is pretty quick. I'm to shy to do it, but would love to.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 12:44 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• After breast feeding my daughter I had implants put in a year and a half ago.I have the saline under the muscle. I am soooooo glad i did it.If you plan on any more children and want to breast feed I would definately wait till after that as they might sag like a friend of mine did. Now she has to have hers re-done.
    Anonymous

• any advice on brazelian butt lifts . pros and cons?
    success stories?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• My Mom got very sick cause she had implants and they broke inside her. Back then they were silicon so it was worse but still I wouldnt ever do it. Do research and see how many people who get implants have to get a second surgery eventually because they break or they have problems. Good luck in your decision.
    chrisnjoesmom

Answer by chrisnjoesmom at 7:38 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• HOrrible my family has had then and friends if you goin gto do them get the gummy bear ones after a year of regular you get ripples from the lack of saline
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 9:17 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Like one of the above posts, I agree you need to check out a couple dr.s first. I have the cohesive gels and got them 3yrs ago. I've had no problems with them and find them to be comfortable. A downside to gels is that they don't conduct heat and I always have chilly boobs!!lol It took me about 3months to get back to normal. Have you ever had any ps surgery? Do you heal well? Do you have a high or low tolerance for pain? (When I woke up I swore a effin elephant was sitting on me!!) There's a lot to consider, the size you are now~the size you want to be. There are too many pros and cons to go on about. If you would like to pm me any specific q's I'd be happy to answer. Good luck!
    shouldbsleepin

Answer by shouldbsleepin at 12:55 AM on Aug. 27, 2008