Sleeping on his side...Bad?

Gauge will go to sleep on his back, then flip on to his side. Is this safe? Does your baby do it too?

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 10:47 AM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• All 3 flipped on there sides. From what i have read just let them sleep. As long as nothing is in there face or such then they will be okay.
    BonnieboBonnie2

Answer by BonnieboBonnie2 at 7:08 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• My babies were little years ago, so theories and studies have changed greatly, but when they were little it was recommended to have them sleep on their sides. If they threw up there was less chance of choking. After a few months they slept on their backs.

Answer by Bmat at 10:53 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I was told that if I see my baby on her side, to just put her back on her back.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 11:03 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• when my son was 3 months i'll put him to sleep on this back and then he'll put himself on his sides but i left him like that and it truned out to be ok.. just keep a close eye on the baby!!
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 11:07 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• All three of my kids slept on their sides. I would nurse them laying down at night time and they would be on their side to eat, maybe that's why they slept on their sides?????
    They are 4, 3 and 8 months now and all healthy.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 11:14 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I always put my daughter to sleep on her back and she twisted her way onto her side regularly. I would just return her to her back after her feeding or change.
    jmdx3mom

Answer by jmdx3mom at 11:39 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• my baby flipped to her stomach, lying with her face down...it always worried me, but, everytime I flipped her back to her back, she flipped right back to her side or her stomach...she just always loved her face down too....she's been doing that since she was 6 months old...she's 12.5 months now. i would say it's fine. that's where your baby is comfortable, but, i know it can get nervewrecking too.
    Anonymous

• My son slept on his side from just a few weeks old. He was a terrible sleeper and the doctor suggested it, so I tried it and it helped a little. As soon as he learned to roll over, he would roll on his stomach to sleep. I asked the doctor if I should flip him back, she told me if they are strong enough to roll themselves then it is fine wherever they want to sleep and you don't have to roll them back.
    IsaiahsMommy515

Answer by IsaiahsMommy515 at 3:32 PM on Dec. 20, 2008