3 year old mommy.

My 3 year old daughter is always advising me on what I should do for the baby. If she's crying I should feed her, that will make her happy. If she's woken up earlier than I expected her too I should feed her, that will make her go back to sleep. For my 3 yr old everything can be fixed with food! lol She loves her food, so should her baby sister.
Anyone else have a little mommy in the house?

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 11:11 AM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Not in my house, but my 4 year old nephew comes to visit us for a weeks at a time (we are stationed in Virginia and my family is from Indiana) and he ALWAYS knows just what she wants. Only, he really does. LOL and he also carried around a baby doll all the time. He loves to play daddy. I have made him a sling that is just his size. He also makes me nurse his baby doll, because daddy's can't do that you know. LOL He will preach to everyone who will listen that he wants to find a mommy that likes to breastfeed and cloth diaper and baby wear. It's so cute. What a great AP daddy he will be.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 11:13 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• My 7 yr old son is like that. He seems to think he's the daddy. lol
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 11:12 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• lol My son would nurse his tigger doll when I was nursing my second child. lol
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 11:15 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Our 8 year old dd is like that with our 3 year old son. She's always telling him what to do when I'M trying to tell him what to do. I keep telling her "Let me be the mommy," usually followed by, "SHUT UP."

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:18 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I have day care in my home and my teenage sons still help and play with the children in my care. They also babysit on weekends. They are wonderful with kids. They are both great care givers and will make great Dads someday........way in the future...lol I think it's wonderful for children to help and give us advice. It's sweet and nurturing and also shows caring and compassion.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 11:23 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Haha! Isn't it wonderful to have a second opinion so readily at your hands?
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 12:40 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• My 5 yr. old is the little daddy. He's very strong for his age and if I have his LB in the playpen for what he deems too long he'll make sure there is nothing on the floor and block off the doorways then take him out of the playpen and they'll sit on the floor and watch cartoons. BTW he'll also tell me if I dress him in an ugly outfit.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 1:02 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• my three yo tried to nurse a baby kitten we found, she literaly pulled down her shirt and held the kittens mouth right there
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 1:06 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• yep, I sure do. My oldest is very "mommy like". Sometimes its very frustrating. But my husband likes to help me see things in a positive light so we just constantly praise her for her leadership skills, and how compassionate she is and responsible and how she's going to make a wonderful mommy.

Of course she's still only 6 so there are times when she's quite tormentive and mean too. LOL
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 1:21 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• my 3 year old is like this too... she's got ALL the answers. sometimes i jsut need to remind her that i'm the mommy. i will give her certain things she can help me with, and if i need her to stop i will just tell her it's not a thing that i need help with.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 1:42 PM on Dec. 20, 2008