Pointy ear

My 6 month old daughter has one very pointy ear. It's cute ... to me. I am worried though then when she gets older, going to school and stuff, kids might make fun of her. Will it most likely stay this way? Or might it still change. It was much pointier when she was born.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son has two points on his ears. No one notices or cares.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 11:24 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I don't know if it will change but it will probably get less noticeable when she has long hair in school. Anything the kids dish out will only make her stronger in the long run. I know you are a good mommy and you don't want your baby to have a hard time, but she'll be fine.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:26 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• my son has the same thing...and he won't be having long hair to cover it up...I've considered taping it down to get the cartilage to form the right way. I'm worried about him getting made fun of too. I think if you tape it down the way you want it to look it will eventually stay that way...might sound bad but a friend I know, her mother did it to hers and it turned out fine. The younger they are the easier it will be to get it to look normal.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 12:40 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• You most likely won't be able to see it as her hair grows out. My niece has not only pointy ears but ears that stick out. Shes 15 and keeps her hair down so that you can't see them. I don't think I have seen her ears in many years. Shes really sensitive about it.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 2:58 PM on Dec. 20, 2008