I am sick need help

Ok so I am about 16 weeks preggers and I have a really bad runny nose my head hurts just miserable tried calling the doc and hes in surg. all day. anyone know of anything other than Tylenol that is safe to take?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You really can't take anything sorry! Just get some hot tea snuggle up on the couch and try to get some rest.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:26 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Call the doctor when he or she is available. Meanwhile the hot tea and snuggling in bed or on the couch sounds like the best idea.

Answer by Bmat at 11:29 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• There really isn't much - my doctor gave me a pamphlet with otc drugs he approves -- Sudafed (regular not 24 hour or PE) or Robitussin, halls cough drops, Tylenol... thats pretty much it for a cold/flu. Drink some hot decaf tea and just rest. This is what has been approved by my OB but you should always verify your OB has similar approved medicines. Could you call and ask the nurse?
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 11:40 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• YOu can take benedryl.
    Anonymous

• I was told to take Robitussin. I hate the way it tastes but I took it anyway. Just do not take Sudafed (the original with pseudoephedrine in it), especially after birth if you are planning on breast feeding. It dries up everything, including your milk supply!

Lots of fluids. Be careful on teas.  Different herd haven't been tested as to whether they are safe during pregnancy or not.  And of course the caffine factor in most teas.

Anonymous

• I meant "herbs" not "herd". Sorry.
    Anonymous