Me and My boyfriend has been trying to get pregnant the doctor says he does not see y i cant have kids he sed i may need to lose a little weight i am also nervous of labor i want an epideral i am very afraid to die and leave my baby and my lover i am afraid i wont be able to handle an epideral what should i do

wonderwoman960

Asked by wonderwoman960 at 1:09 AM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I think that most women fear about something happening why giving birth. Just remember that women have been having babies for centuries, its the greatest thing ever.
    melleelijah

Answer by melleelijah at 1:35 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I agree, women have been having babies forever. I had an epidural with my son and I was just fine.It makes you not be able to fell any pain down there so it dosen't hurt as much i felt some pulling but that was it. And everyone is worried about giving birth at some point you are not alone in that.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 1:39 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• worry about hte epidural when u are in labor. other than that just concentrate on getting pregnant and growing a healthy baby. when u get into labor u can go natural, or u can try other sorts of meds. epidurals arent the only med they give out.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 1:59 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Hun those are all classic fears I dilated all the way to 8cm before I got an epi and to tell the truth I didn't feel it. My contractions weren't that bad until I hit that mark but to be truthful seeing my child was worth it all and I don't even remember what my contractions felt like. I can't wait until January because I get to partake in the miracle of birth yet again
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 2:18 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Epidurals are not needed and can slow labor. Birth is normal, and there is nothing to be afraid of. Your body is meant to give birth. Yes, things can happen, but death in childbirth isn't very common, and usually are a result of hospital error or interventions and not the women. You need to look into all your options when giving birth. For low risk pregnancies hospitals can actually be more risky. Birth is not an emergency, and pregnancy is not an illness. You don't need sick houses or surgeons for birth.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 2:46 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Can't really say more about the epi than the other posters have. It has been shown that losing weight can help with fertility. Even five lbs can help. Being underweight, or overweight, can definitely cause problems. Definitely worth the effort.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:41 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Maybe your bf has a low sperm count and he has the issue. Slow down your worries and get pregnant b4 you take on the world. I'd make sure you are in a very secure relationship b4 even considering a child.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 7:52 AM on Jul. 14, 2008