Anyone have a baby after a tubal ligation?(Tubes being tied)

I had my tubes tied about 5 yrs ago and now my husband and are are considering having another baby. Our youngest is 6. I have heard that you can have the procedure reversed but doesnt quarenty that you can get pregnant and is expensive. Also IVF, which is also expensive considering insurance wont cover it. Any suggestions?

Tammy220

Asked by Tammy220 at 11:45 AM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I had my tubes tied when my 2nd was 5 months old and the Dr. told me it was not 100% proof that I couldn't get pregnant again. You can have the procedure reversed and get pregnant. It just may take a little more time. More fun for you both.LOL Good luck.
    BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 12:34 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• If you have the procedure reversed there is a chance you can get preg, but insurance will not cover the proceedure. :o( because it is elective and it is very very expensive, it may be hard to find a doc to do it and take any kind of payments. have you considered adoption?
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:12 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• i know some one that had that done she ended up reversed and she got preggo .. but how long it took i really dont know..sry
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 3:02 PM on Dec. 20, 2008