When does my daughter start preschoo, she three and will be four next september?

I saw classes for k3 to k5 and have no idea what that means, and when I need to enroll her?

hotdragon888

Asked by hotdragon888 at 11:50 AM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Teacher here:

I would start her in P-4 in Sept.....if she is not too late for the cutoff date....usually it is sometime in Sept. If her birthday is before the cutoff she may start 4 year old class....if its after the school may require you to put her in the 3's. Either way I would hold her back a year for Kindergarten so she is the oldest in the class not the youngest.....my son is a young 5 and he is doing a year od private K....then going to public K next year so he can have an "extra" year. It benifits a lot of kids.....but it is a personal choice. ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:54 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• My daughter turned 3 in August and she started preschool last Monday.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 12:02 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I think it depends on the child. If you feel shes ready most preschools start at 2yrs 9mths as long as they are potty trained. I sent all my children at around 3-4 yrs old. I have a almost 4 yr old now and intend to start her next sept.

Answer by gemgem at 12:10 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• When do you want to enroll her? That's the important question.

My 4 year old will turn 5 in February. He is in preschool right now and will start kindergarten next September.

My new (yesterday) 3 year old is starting preschool next month, he is not potty trained (only a requirement for some preschools). The cut off here is December 1, so he will have to be in preschool next year as well then start kindergarten in 2010.

My 2 year old will probably start preschool next year. His birthday is in November, before the cut off. He will be in preschool next year and start kindergarten in 2010 when he is supposed to.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:26 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Enroll her when you want to. I'm not sending mine at all.
    cedailey

Answer by cedailey at 4:08 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Mine turned 3 in July, so she started in August. Normally they want them to be potty trained. She only goes tues/thurs in the mornings. Next year when she's 4, she'll go to mon/wed/fri mornings.
    abigail824

Answer by abigail824 at 2:28 PM on Dec. 21, 2008

• My boys turned 3 in September and started preschool in November. I was going to wait to send them till next Fall even though they made the cutoff because I dont plan on sending them to K till they are 6 so that they arent the youngest in their class because my brother and I had to do that and it was hard for us. For me socially and in sports for my brother. I only sent them this year because one needed speech help. So at this point you could try and start her in January or when ever they get an opening if your school will allow that or just wait till the fall.
    comom2twinboys

Answer by comom2twinboys at 10:53 AM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Well my son is four, he went to headstart last year and he's in Pre K this year. He loves school and can't wait to get up every morning. If I were you I would send him as soon as you fell he's ready. Ask him and explain it and even if you change your mind at the last min enroll him or put him on the waiting list, that way you have time until next fall to change your mind. I don't know about the being the youngest in the class arguement but to me as long as he advances in a healthy way I am going to continue to send my son through.
    DarrenJMom

Answer by DarrenJMom at 1:53 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Sorry for calling her a him ;)
    DarrenJMom

Answer by DarrenJMom at 1:55 AM on Dec. 28, 2008