how do i know if i have to wait to miss a period to know if im pregnant if i had intercorse before my period was due?

mz_kim

Asked by mz_kim at 1:14 AM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I had a positive 1 week before I was due with both of my sons, so you might try and see.
    melleelijah

Answer by melleelijah at 1:33 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• All you can do is take a test. Know that the 99.9% accuracy only applies to a positive reading. It is very possible to have false negatives.
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 1:48 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I tested two weeks before my period was due and got a negative. I re-tested 5 days before I was due and ta-da! There was a beautiful little "+" sign. Home pregnancy tests are really only accurate when you test within the time frame it says on the package. And even then, like dakotaNrye said, you can still get a false positive. Ifyou can, just make an appt. to get a blood test. Good luck!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 4:05 PM on Jul. 14, 2008