• In the Spotlight:

When can you give dinner baby food jars?

I am currently giving my 6 1/2 month old dd veggies and fruits. I was wondering when are you able to give the little dinner mac and cheese and spaghetti jars and stuff? Should I wait after giving all the fruits and veggies?

Thanks

brookes_mom04

Asked by brookes_mom04 at 11:55 AM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I am in the same boat, but i give my son cereal for breakfast fruit for lunch and veggie for dinner and oatmeal before bed. He gets the gerber cookies as snacks and chews on them. plenty of formula and water and juice during the day.
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 11:58 AM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Oh sorry forgot to say for lunch he gets the #2 jars of fruit and #1 jars of veggies, the cereal is 2oz of formula so i dont know how much cereal is actually added he does eat almost most of it.

I have been told by my ped that I shouldn't start him on the meat in jar baby food until he is 9 months old.....
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 12:03 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I fed my kids whatever we were eating for dinner at around 6 months, I just put theirs in the blender.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:17 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Kaylee is 7 months old, and she gets cereal for breakfast and I do give her the "dinner" jars for dinner and she does fine (LOVES Spaghetti!).

Also, (please don't take this the wrong way) I think 6 1/2 months is too old for cereal in the bottle...
    We decided to give that up at the same time we decided to start actually feeding her baby food. But you know what? I mix it in with her fruits for breakfast, or if she is just having veggies for dinner I mix it in with that. She does much better with it being a little thicker, its easier to handle (i.e. doesn't go EVERYWHERE if she decides to turn her head right before a bite) and it helps your baby food last a little longer and be more filling.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:28 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• will i started to give my son baby food when he was 4 months..then i started giving him table food when he was 6 months now he's 10 months and he eats everything..lol.. my lil fat ass
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 2:47 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I'd start around 8-9 months. It's what most peds. recommend (mac and cheese has dairy in it, and meats are recommended around 9 months).
    mom23boys679

Answer by mom23boys679 at 3:32 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Where did you get that I give my dd cereal in a bottle? lol I didnt even say that on my questiion. I do give her cereal, but it is mixed thick and given with a spoon.
    I think I'm going to wait till she is 8 months, which will be after she has tried pretty much all the veggies and fruits.
    Thanks everyone! :)
    brookes_mom04

Answer by brookes_mom04 at 5:07 PM on Dec. 20, 2008