how do I get rid of the paci?

My son is 21 months and uses a paci at nap/bed time..No other time of the day, just naps and bed..but he wakes up at least once a night because he loses his paci and can't find it.. I would like to get rid of the paci and get a full nights sleep, lol..any suggestions?

mrsjarhead

Asked by mrsjarhead at 1:18 AM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have heard of some women letting their child replace their paci with a toy or something similar. Normally the child will choose the toy. My son is the same age and he has to still have his sippy cup of milk and a security blanket... I wish I could toss that habbit too
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 1:47 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• my friend cut the tips off of hers, and so her daughter was like ok, these suck now. with me i made a big ta-do about it. we got all the of them together, and we put them on the table. i told dd that the pacifier fairy was coming to take them and she would get money for them. when she went to bed i threw them out and put a dollar on the table where we left them. she was upset for awhile, but i kept saying that the fairy came and gave her a dollar for them, after a few days she was fine. as for my son, he just stopped using one around 9 months.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 1:58 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• i just said. you are a big boy now. and you dont need them. let him put them in a bag. and away.. on bad days he would get it just till he is asleep then i take it from him and he would wake up and put himself back to sleep without it
    sailornwife

Answer by sailornwife at 1:58 PM on Jul. 14, 2008