spit up spit up spit up.....

All my baby is doing is spitting up she does fine for a few days than very bad... dont know why??? she isnt sick and this always happens

ashlee31627

Asked by ashlee31627 at 12:40 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Some babies just spit up a lot, mine does. Do not assume that it is reflux. If it is reflux then she would be fussy and uncomfortbale after spitting up. If she is spitting up most of what she is eating then she may have a issue with the formula. But if she is gaining fine, but just spitting up a lot, then stock up on bibs and wait it out. She should out grow it within the first nine months. Good luck!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 3:59 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• my son is the same way and he's 4 mos. This has been going on since day 1. I think he's got acid reflux. As long as she's not projectile vomiting and she's properly gaining weight you don't need to worry. Check with your doctor...but some things that might help 1. hold her in an upright sitting position to feed her. 2. Don't lay her down right after feedings. Either prop her up or hold her up for at least 15 mins. 3. Burp often, even if they cry because their not done. 4. Bottle fed babies tend to eat faster than breast fed babies so if you bottle feed I'd let her eat an ounce and take a break, try to burp and then keep doing that until the bottle is gone. I was told you can get medication for this...but they will grow out of it and the medication they need to use takes away from the nutrients and vitamins in their food. So I wasn't about to use medication.. I'll just deal with it and have extra laundry and burp rags handy.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 12:46 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• My son had GERD. He'd spit up and start fussing really bad. Take the baby to the doctor if it continues. She may need a prescription. My son did.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 12:46 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Ive seen alot of ppl on here saying that there babies have acid reflux. I personally don't see how that's possible considering acid reflux is caused by STOMACH ACID that builds up thru time. Now my little brother had esophageal reflux . Its caused by the esophagus valve either not closing or not opening enough. Sometimes a baby can spit up alot and it not mean anything at all. Bt this is all my opinion. I suggest you talk to your doctor.
    Anonymous

• How old is your daughter? My younger brother was like that pretty much after he would have a bottle. We ended up changing his formula to prosobee and that helped a lot. Then, when I had my daughter (who is now a year old and drinks regular milk) we learned that she did the exact same thing. Spitting up all the time. I kind of got tired of it and wondered if she was sick or allergic. Turns out that she just needed a different type of milk that her stomach can hold. Its like they have reflux or something. So i changed from regular lipil to prosobee lipil with iron. It worked for me.
    monieluvya

Answer by monieluvya at 1:42 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• sometimes it could be the milk talk to your doc and see what he/she say.. or call ur wic office if u have and tell them to change your milk.. wha'ts the name of ur milkt hat u giving the baby???
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 2:58 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• sounds like reflux or an allergy
    Anonymous

• She is 6 mos old and started out on enfamil lipil then she was projectile vomitting my pediatrician asked me to switch her to allimentum same thing happened... now she is on good start soy and spits up about 50 percent of her bottles.
    ashlee31627

Answer by ashlee31627 at 8:13 AM on Dec. 21, 2008