How many Moms' have only been married once?

And if so, do you hold your marriage up to be cherished?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Relationships

• i have been married once for nine years and i have no intention of divorcing ever
    i love my hubby and he loves me :))
    now, if i'm widowed cuase i killed him (what wife doesn't want to from time to time), thats a different story all together
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 1:09 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I've only been married once and I am still married. On the 18th we celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary. We both cherish our marriage and do our best to keep things "alive". Of course like most couples, we have our arguments and false threats to leave, but unlike most, we work at our relationship and we don't give up on each other. Marriage is difficult and I feel that too many people give up too easily. From looking at the outside, people thought our marriage was doomed. We met, dated and married all within 3 months. We waited to have our first child until we had been married for 3 years. We wanted to enjoy our marriage without children, to grow together and to learn about each other. Still, every day we are learning something new about each other. I think that if more people took their vows seriously and weren't so quick to jump ship when things got rocky, we would have a lot less divorce then we do now.

Anonymous

• Anon 109, that is very beautiful. Keep up the good work!
    Anonymous

• And yes TOO many people give up on marriage to fast.
    Anonymous

• I met my dh in high school and for both of us...we just knew. We dated the rest of high school and college and married at 21....we have two children Mason 5 and Maddie Kate 3 and we have a great relationship.

People are so quick to give up if something is hard. Its just easier to divorce, or so they think.

mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 1:14 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I've been engaged before and I count my lucky stars that I didn't marry the loser. Since we broke up he's had five children scattered all over the world, and all he cares about is f**king! I hope he gets every STD imaginable! That's how much I hate him.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:23 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I've been married once, and recently celebrated our 8th anniversary! We met through a mutual friend, were engaged after 5 months, married 8 months thereafter. I was 32 and my hubby 38 when we married. There's no doubt we're in it for life! We're confident of that as we spent our 20's and 30's dating, traveling, establishing our careers--so we don't feel we're "missing out" on anything that so many who marry young (and often divorce) seem to feel.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:07 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I've been married once and intend to be married only once, unless like bi-polarmommy I kill my husband that I have every intention of doing! I'm only kidding, but I do have a song and we both think it's a hoot!
    I agree that too many people give up too soon on their marriages. But I also think that some marriages need to be ended.
    My husband and myself are in counselling right now because we've had a break down in our communication with each other and just aren't seeing eachother's point of view.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 2:16 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I have been married only once for 4 months so far. It gets tough...we've been together for almost 4 years but we work at it. I sometimes think that it would be easier to leave but if it were easy it wouldn't be as rewarding. I think we have the potential to have one of the all time great marriages as long as we're willing to work at it.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 2:19 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Good luck, micrespo.

38 years here married, and married only the once. I've been very lucky. My husband is a special guy. It takes conscious effort sometimes, but mostly I am happy and in love.

Answer by Bmat at 2:33 PM on Dec. 20, 2008