How did your hubby propose?

Was it romantic? Was it a surprise? Did you go somewhere special?

HomeBoundMama

Asked by HomeBoundMama at 1:24 AM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• wow your question knocked me for a loop. I have been married 3 times and don't think any of them proposed. We just sort of figured we wanted to do it and did it. Now I want to be proposed to!

Answer by admckenzie at 1:38 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Mine went on and on in a long ass letter about how we were ment to be and how fate brought us together, then said he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me and have a little family on a farm with a nice big house and two kids... i got this letter after dating him for 4 months and he was at basic training so on family day the day before he graduated we went to the courthouse and got married
    JenniferMarie18

Answer by JenniferMarie18 at 1:46 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• it wasnt really a surprise, and it was exactly how i told him NOT to do it. we decided to exchange our xmas presents early and his was a huge box, and when i opened it up there was a coupon book for mcdonalds (back when they did that) and i was like ok, thanks....and he said look in it, and on the last page he wrote look at the angles halo. well, we were at his moms house, and she has a TON of angles, so i had to search through the whole upstairs to find my ring sitting on an angles head. i was so POed that he made me look for it! lol. i was pretty sure that my gift was going to be my ring, but i had really hoped that he wouldnt do a scavanger hunt. oh well, i still accepted. lol
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 1:54 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• We have a trailer that we keep in the sierra's at our favorite campground. Hubby and I went camping one weekend and we went out for a quad ride to our favorite swimming hole and he proposed on the side of the river. He jumped off his quad before I got off mine and he ran down to the river really quick to hide the ring. I knew something was up cause I went down and sat on a rock and he kept kneeling down, then standing up, then kneeling again....he was acting so strange!! It was pretty sweet though.
    HomeBoundMama

Answer by HomeBoundMama at 1:58 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

My sis and her hubby did it this way too......she say's that she's happy with it though.  She say's neither her or her hubby are the romantic type.  They don't celebrate V-Day's or anniversaries either.
    HomeBoundMama

Answer by HomeBoundMama at 2:03 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I was in 11th grade. He was graduating and moving 6 hours away for school. We went to the beach, and were laying in the sand. He opened the ring box and asked me to marry him. We got married 2 years later lol. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 2:05 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• He took me out to eat and his cousin and his wife went with us. His wife said she had to go to the restroom and literally made me go with her. I tried to object but it was no use. When we got back, he had the ring sitting on the table for me. It was a surprise and very sweet. We went to that restaurant for our 13th anniversary in June. It was the first time we had been there since we started having kids. It was nice to be back there. It holds great memories for me.
    momofthree1084

Answer by momofthree1084 at 2:23 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I picked my husband up from work, at the time we only had one car and I was pregnant so he let me have it. So when I picked him up he said..and I quote:"you wanna go get hitched?" I said yes and we went to the justice of the peace and got married
    NikkiMarie333

Answer by NikkiMarie333 at 9:10 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• My husband began to give a speech about how he wants us to be together and how much he loves me, then he slipped something on my finger...oh, did I mention we were in the middle of sex? I guess there had been no better time...?
    hotmama404

Answer by hotmama404 at 12:30 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I met my husband on the internet. I flew down to visit him 2 months after we'd been talking on the internet. It was New Year's Eve and he'd had some drinks. He told me right before it hit midnight that he was positive he could not let me on a plane back home unless I would marry him. He couldn't stand the thought of another man ever dating me. I asked him if he remembered proposing in the morning and he said, "Yes. So are you still going to marry me?" We've been married for 3 years.
    MommyEdwards

Answer by MommyEdwards at 3:45 PM on Jul. 14, 2008