When other people watch your kid for you, and you warn them that your child can get crazy or get out of control. but when. you go to pick your child up the babysitter/caregiver always tells you

that your child was good. i just wanted to know if you think they lie or if they look at you as some sort of crazy woman and you over react about your child?

vadasmom

Asked by vadasmom at 1:21 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in General Parenting

• Kids usually will behave better for other people
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 1:22 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• It's a fact that kids will behave more for someone else than they do for you. My son, when spending time with my mom, is always sweet and well behaved. At home and at school he is a terror.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 1:23 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• yea i know kids behave better with other people. but im jsut wondering like how do you really know they were behaved. lol i guess you dont!!!
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 1:25 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I always told them what the kids did that was bad too. I watched some and they acted worse with me because they felt they could do more because I wasn't their parents. Everyday when their parents got home they'd ask me and i'd tell them what they did. Good or bad. It made it easier on my behalf because they showed me some respect when they figured out they would get in trouble when their daddy or momma got home.
    Anonymous

• Kids like to make mommy look crazy so every little bad thing that they do for you will be placed on the back burner at someone else's home. Only mommy gets to see the "monster within" lol.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 2:00 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Kids always behave better for people that aren't their parents!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 2:05 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I know for a fact. My kids behave better when they are with others. I've checked in on them more than once and found complete angels. To be honest with you; It pisses me off a bit. Why do others deserve better behavior?

YaYaMomof2

Answer by YaYaMomof2 at 11:50 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I warned the school about my daughter cause lord knows she is TROUBLE at home, at school she's an ANGEL and my son is the issue (they look at me like I'm crazy when I say that I prefer to deal with him than her at home).
    They always seem to be the opposite at school than at home
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 9:33 AM on Dec. 21, 2008