Do you love your kids' public school?

I actually really like my daughter's school! She's only in first grade, but all of the teachers and staff are so nice and helpful, and I know her teachers really care about the students and care that they do good work and that they are ok in their personal lives too :)

prettyrayray

Asked by prettyrayray at 1:25 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• its ok i guess.. my daughter used to be in montessori school. and i would do anythgin to have the money to put her back in. it was so worth it
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 1:26 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I hate my son's school. So I'm going to homeschool.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 1:28 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I love my son's school. Every now and then I get a touch annoyed with his teacher but other than that it is a great school.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 1:31 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Nope I cant stand the schools. My sons have special needs and so far I have only come across incompetent idiots with very little experience with autism. I have had to fight for almost everything for both my sons. I ended up pulling one completely out because he is bipolar and on meds and the teachers dont seem to comprehend what that means. Instead they just think hes a trouble maker and never bothered to see he had an IEP that dealt with behavior issues. I wish I had homeschooled alot sooner then this.

Answer by gemgem at 1:32 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• My kids are homeschooled but the schools in our school district are terrible. Their testing scores are horrific and there's just tons of bullying and drugs. We'd have to move out of town and into another district before I let mine go to public school.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:43 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Although I'm not impressed with our school district, or with the educational system in general anymore, I do actually love the school my kids go to. They have really great teachers who really enjoy and are enthusiastic about what they do. They genuinely care about the kids they teach, listen to the parents and within reason, do what we want them to. They are always open to conferences, and willing to work with the parent and the student to help kids learn and grow.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 1:52 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• REALLY LOVE IT ! ALSO, IT'S THE SAME ELEMENTARY SCHOOL I WENT TO, OVER 30YRS AGO
    my2girls0004

Answer by my2girls0004 at 1:57 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I love my kids' public school. The teachers are warm, caring, and extremely competent -- and most have taught at this school for many years. The parents are very involved, and there is a true sense of community.
    cam.i.am

Answer by cam.i.am at 2:22 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Yeah, their schools are pretty good. My daughter is in kindergarten and my son is in second grade, and we have so far been happy with our public school experience. The school district was also the only school option that could adequately provide for their special needs, my daughter has made so much progress with speech and classroom therapy, that she will be moving to a general ed kindergarten next month and hardly has any of the delays she had when she started getting services through the district several years ago. My son has Autism and is still getting the help he needs from therapists and in class, so I can't complain, they give lots of individual attention and always make sure his needs are met. Things have been good.
    lipstickclouds

Answer by lipstickclouds at 2:59 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I actually love the school. I became very involved when my kids first started there and all the teachers and staff know me. They are all very nice and caring.

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 4:20 PM on Dec. 20, 2008