Open Relationships

Do you have one with your SO and how does that work out for you?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 1:30 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Relationships

• wat do you mean.? like to about everythign to each other? ive alwasy heard that tem but never really understood teh excat meanign
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 1:34 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Where they see other people while still married and know everything about it.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:36 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Open relationship is usually when two people who are married or serious involved allow the other to sleep with other people and are open about it. No I don't have one of those and never would. I think that's allowing adultery into your life and saying it is alright when it isn't.

Answer by gemgem at 1:38 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• No we do not have this type of relationship. We have a marriage and family relationship and see no reason to have a marriage if we are going to still be involved with other people.

I do not personally know anyone who does this but have heard people do have these open marriages. Not sure why unless they are just married for the tax break or do not want to separate/divorce cause they want both parents in the home for the children.

I think if my husband and I are not satisfied with each other, than we are not complete, than we do not need each other.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:39 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• well then if thats the case wats the point of "being" with soem one
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 1:43 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I don't judge people who do or don't. It's their choice. My dh and I aren't that open but we do check out other people. And yes we both know about it, and it doesn't hurt anything.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:44 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Reading the answers before mine I can tell that these ladies don't know what an open marriage is like.

My husband and I have an open marriage of sorts. We're polyamourus (sp?). It's not that we don't love eachother or that we're not satisfed. I'm totally in love with my husband and we both agree that we're soulmates.

There is room in my heart for more than one person. Monogamy isn't natural IMO. Most humans often wish they could be with more than one person, even if they feel this way secretly. It's why cheating is so common. It's not about a loss of love but rather a desire to see more than one person.

My husband and I have rules about it. We must both agree having the other person in our lives on such an intimate level. If one person is unhappy with another then we don't do anything. Just stay friends or something.

It's a little complicated and difficult to explain. It works for us though.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 1:47 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Right everyone has their right to make their own choice.

I just think if my husband and I chose each other, than we must want to just be with each other, if we feel that our marriage is not strong enough and we have tried to keep it from falling apart, and it has failed, than we do not need each other.

What does it mean check out other people?

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:47 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Thanks for sharing what an open marriage is. I understand some of it, what works for some does not work for others,  and I guess for my husband and I there is only room in our hearts for each other but if one of us should slip from the other's heart, than we should try to work things out if we cannot than go our separate ways.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:51 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Check out other people...to find someone else attractive. They use the phrase 'check her/him out' all the time. You've never heard of it?
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:51 PM on Dec. 20, 2008