I need help finding a childbirth class?

I'm 18 and I'm pregnant
I Live in Rosamond, Ca.
The ONLY childbirth class I can find within 50 miles of here is at AV Hospital.
The Problem is it's $100.00 and i don't have ANY money (i'm not being cheap, i really don't have that much) and i dont have a car to get to anywhere not out here.
I know the classes aren't needed but
I have no mom and absolutely no women or female friends of any kind in my life except my dad's girlfriend who had a C-Section and is unhelpful, and I am scared, so I really want them.
My baby girl is due Aug 25th.
Also I am aware already i need an Epis,
which scares me even more.

koi.millie

Asked by koi.millie at 1:40 AM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I can not help you BUT, I can reccomend three books to you. 1. The Birth Book, by Dr. Sears. 2. Ina May's Guide to Childbirth, by Ina May Gaskin, and 3. Birthing from within, (forgot the author).

It is hard to be alone, and pregnant. I was 19 when I got pregnant, and it is scary. I never took a class because we were poor too.

Epi's are not needed, infact they can do more damage then good. There are so many birth options out there. Read, and learn before the baby is born.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 2:03 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I can't get any books because I have no money, and for me i HAVE TO get an epis or i'll tear
    koi.millie

Answer by koi.millie at 3:23 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Call your local hospital, they have classes you may be interested in. You can also call a local birthing center. They can help you find the class that you are looking for.
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 4:00 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Also-sometimes hospitals and clinics may have something similar to a compassionate care program where you only have to pay a percentage of the costs for the medical care or in this case classes. Good Luck!
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 4:02 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• AV IS the local hospital, the only class is $100. period.
    koi.millie

Answer by koi.millie at 5:22 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• and there are no birthing centers, just the hospital/
    koi.millie

Answer by koi.millie at 5:23 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I couln't find a class so I bought a video. Not really the same as a class, but better then nothing. I'll look for the video, if you want me to send it to you send me a message.
    MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 7:47 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• You wont tear without an Epi. Epi's do NOT effect tearing, support of your perineum effects tearing. Epis do not make the babies head any smaller, or your vagina stretch wider. I promise lol.

Go to www.freecycle.com and see if you can find a local group. They might have old birth books for you to read. It sounds like you really need to read up on birth because Epi's do not help with tearing, they just help with pain management. They are really not needed.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:08 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• You are more likely to tear if you have an epi then if you don't. Think about a pair of jeans,Try to tear then with your bare hands. Now cut a slit in them and try. same concept. My midwife suggested using olive oil and massaging and stretching that area for a few weeks approaching the due date. I swear by it. I weigh 100lbs not pregnant and had 3 kids, no epi's, no tearing.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 4:16 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Call the Department of Human Services. Department of Human Services. 2340 Highway 58. Mojave, CA 93501 (661) 824-7500
    I can tell from a map that Mojave is a ways away from you, but call them. They should be able to help you! Good Luck!
    HaydensMommy708

Answer by HaydensMommy708 at 9:41 PM on Jul. 14, 2008