fetal movement

im almost 17 weeks preg with my 3rd baby and i have felt the baby move but one day i will feel it and then i might not feel the baby move for another 4 days or so is this normal? has this happened to ne one else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Its completely normal at that stage to not feel the baby on a continuous basis. Baby is still REALLY tiny. Give it about...Oh....5 or 6 more weeks, and you will think that you are going to give birth to a soccer player, lol.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:54 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• yes ur ok.. it had happen to me b4.. the very first time i felt my son move i has super happy but then i wouldent feel him move for an other 3 -4 days after..lol..
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 2:44 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• It is scary and and unnerving isn't it? I was so worried about that until about week 28 when my baby became a soccer player like Carolyn said.

At 17 weeks the baby is still so small that you won't feel every movement and usually the movements that you do feel are positioned just right so you CAN feel them. Your baby is squirming around in there and doing gymnastics and really you can't feel most of the movement because he/she is not positioned just right for you to feel them.

Even knowing that, I was still psychologically uncomfortable everyday that I did not feel my little girl move since one day the kicking would be hard and then the next four or five days I would feel NOTHING! At 32 weeks though, I kind of miss those days now as I am trying to pull feet out of my ribs.

Try your best to relax, even though I know it is almost impossible to not worry.

girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 2:49 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Completely normal. As girlneffy said, the baby is still so small. It is normal that you won't feel regular movements until you are around 22 weeks (give or take a week or 2 on either side). At this point, if you are feeling ok (even if that means not feeling pregnant) and aren't bleeding, everything is good. :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 3:37 PM on Dec. 20, 2008