How do I get my 4 year old son to use the potty?

I have 6 children,there ages are,9,5,4,2,1 and 2months.I try to give them all attention,but of course the little ones require more attention.
Please help me.

ladydent09

Asked by ladydent09 at 2:10 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in General Parenting

• I sit my son on the potty and give him something to distract him. Another mom told me to turn the seat around and let him play with stickers on the potty. I also let him play with a dry erase board.
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 2:16 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Does he use a potty chair or a potty seat? If a potty chair let him use it in other rooms in the house, except the kitchen, just give him privacy or let him pee outside if he wants, our son did that and still does occassionally..he's 4 and has been trained since almost 3. Also try letting him select underwears with his favorite charachters on them to encourage him to be a big boy. Give him an incentive or goal to reach and reward him by such and such date if he uses the potty every day he will get to do something he really enjoys or get something he really wants. All the above worked for us! Best wishes...find me on twitter @littlebytesnews if you have more questions ☺
    littlebytes

Answer by littlebytes at 6:12 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• honestly, we use candy and it works.

we took away all sweets until he used the potty. each time he tried, he got his fav.
    older one loved gummy bears
    little one loves m&ms/

just a suggestion that worked for us and our friends
    debbidotcom

Answer by debbidotcom at 7:47 PM on Dec. 20, 2008