Is blood abnormal?

I am almost 9 weeks and here lately I have been noticing blotting, from a minimal amount to excessive amounts, is this abnormal or does it sometimes happen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Are you having any cramping or pains with it?
    carebear2025

Answer by carebear2025 at 2:27 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Spotting can happen for many reason throughout your pregnancy but it's definitely something you need to get checked for.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 2:27 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• In my opinion, blood is normal in certain aspects. Early on, it could be spotting from your cervix finishing closing. Later on, it could be spotting from your cervix after sex or if you did something strenuous that is abnormal. Any bleeding that is coming from your womb or from the placenta is not good or normal. Usually you have to have an ultrasound to confirm. I bled all the time with my first and got pretty good about determining what was causing the bleeding.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 3:35 PM on Dec. 20, 2008