Heartburn relief?

This past week it has been HORRIBLE! I normally don't have it all and have maxed out on Tums, tried cutting out acidic foods but it's still so painful that I can barely function. Any mommies have any suggestions out there to get me through this last week?

Slinkee

Asked by Slinkee at 2:26 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• throw back a shotglass full of vinegar. i promise it will make your heartburn go away almost instantly.

good luck...
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:52 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• im not sure i never had heartburn y don't you call your doc and ask
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 2:28 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Because "my doctor" is currently not on call at the hospital and the rude woman who was, ironically the same woman who nearly killed me and my first son by misdiagnosing HELLP as heartburn and told I was overreacting THEN told me pretty much the same thing now. That it's heartburn take tums and deal with it. I won't be able to reach my own physician and get bloodwork done until Monday morning in the meantime, I would like not to feel like someone has a bonfire going in my chest and was hoping that some other mommy's had some advice for possible home remedies.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 2:33 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Baking soda and warm water. It helps settle the acid in your tummy.

Good luck honey!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:34 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I agree with Carolyn. I did a teaspoon of baking soda in about a 1/4 cup water. It was horrible! Toss it back like a shot and just swallow. Even though it almost made me throw up, I fought through and now that I think about it, I haven't had heartburn in almost 14 weeks!
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 3:32 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Forgot to add: the baking soda builds really big burps and you just have to roll with it. :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 3:47 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• my doctor told me to use pepcid ac and it has been AMAZING for me. and lots of milk!
    cstinamae20

Answer by cstinamae20 at 4:22 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• my doc said i could take tagament
    jeepwranglrbabe

Answer by jeepwranglrbabe at 4:02 AM on Dec. 21, 2008