What can I do to help my 2 month old sleep in her crib and not in a chair?

every night when I try to put my baby to bed at night it is a fight with her she rather sleep in a bouncer or car seat and not her crib.We do not now what to do about this.every time we try to put her in the crib she will scream and cry until 5 am or until we put her in a chair.I feel like I did some thing wrong.

redrode2010

Asked by redrode2010 at 5:41 AM on Jul. 29, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Lol my newborn is almost 7 weeks old and refuses to sleep in her crib! She lves her different seats we have anddddd she adores her swing lol
    Helen2004

Answer by Helen2004 at 6:57 AM on Jul. 29, 2011

• Slowly ween her to the crib. Maybe she likes the carseat bc it is a tight fit, so you may want to swaddle her. Maybe she likes the bouncy seat bc it vibrates, so get a bear that vibrates or has a heartbeat and put it by her in the crib. Whatever you do, nip it in the bud so that you wont have a prob later...
    1lilgirl

Answer by 1lilgirl at 7:09 AM on Jul. 29, 2011

• The chair and other places give her a sense of coziness like being in the womb surrounded by warmth. Once you put her in the large crib it's a feeling of nothings around her. Try swaddling her and see if that helps.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:09 AM on Jul. 29, 2011

• yea they have a hard time getting used to it i remember when mine was little she would sleep in her bassint then i had started to fall aleep with her in our be and the husband said no but when she was about 2 months old she would cry every night from 8 to 11 nothin we did could comfort her. the next step we did was laid her in our floor cuz she wouldnt sleep in her crib we would lay a blanket out and lay her in her boppy and turn on the simpsons she like the colors and she would just lay there till she fell asleep they when she was about 4 months we work on her going to her crib she would cry but we just would have to let her cuz thats they only way she was gonna get used to it. you just gotta work with what you have and sometimes after youve taken care of their every need and cant do no more you gotta let them cry it out its hard to do that but it does work
    apeyhen

Answer by apeyhen at 7:28 AM on Jul. 29, 2011

• Sleeping flat on their backs, straightened out, is not how babies want to sleep. They are used to being in the womb, all tucked in and curled up. This is why they find bouncers, swings, car seats, etc. more comfortable- because they kind of curl around the baby. Try swaddling your baby, even prop her up with a rolled up blanket behind her back so that she is slightly on her side.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 11:18 AM on Jul. 29, 2011

• Another issue may be reflux, which laying flat can make worse. It might be making her uncomfortable. You can put a folded up towl underneath one end of the mattress and lay her down slightly inclined.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 11:19 AM on Jul. 29, 2011

• i have the same problem with my 5 wk old. for since she was cpl days old she has been sleeping on my chest. she loves her stomach. i know they say not to put them on their stomach but that is how she is most comfortable. so we finally got her to sleep in her bassinet on her stomach.
    tpye1981

Answer by tpye1981 at 12:08 AM on Jul. 30, 2011