The Duggars/Kids raising kids

I just heard the Duggars had number 18...what do you guys think? I know they can handle it financially...but come on do they really need that many kids. Why didn't they help some less fortunate kids and adopt some. Do you think it's fair that the older kids raise the younger ones...I think chores are fair...but I don't think these kids have much of a normal childhood. I think they grow up way to fast for their own good. I know they seem perfect to the community...but anyone can "seem" perfect, but are they really happy? I hope so, I just feel sorry for these kids...like they don't get enough one on one time with their parents because there's to many of them. What are they trying to proove anyway?

britni11

Asked by britni11 at 2:53 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in General Parenting

• you are so behind. LOL this was on here ALL day yesterday
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:54 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• It's not a one-size-fits-all thing to do. It works for some people, and for others it wouldn't. Some people chose to adopt and never have kids of their own...some want to have lots of their own kids, and some do both. Some never have kids period! As long as their kids are taken care of then what business is it of mine, or anyone else's for that matter?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 2:55 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• oh...haha I dunno I just keep seeing it and seeing it and seeing it and hearing about them, and I've seen some documentary's on them, so finally I threw out my own question! Sorry about the repeat...that seems to happen a lot on here though!
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 2:56 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I've said it before and I'll say it again...I think it's insane. But it works for them. One thing that got me is that you never see toys that the children have. I mean they play ball with their father but that was it. I looked at pictures on their website and not one was of a child playing with a toy.

*shrugs*
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 3:01 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Also, if I had the money like they did and made the older kids raise the younger ones I'm sure I could handle having 18 too! I just wouldn't because I don't think it's fair to the children. I have 1 son and I am contemplating even having another child because it's hard to treat all kids fair and spend a lot of 1 on 1 time with them. It's not really my business but the way they media has it all over and the fact that they are making a reality show out of their life makes it easy to give everyone a chance to voice their opinion on it. kids raised like that (to grow up to fast) or don't feel like they get enough parents attention usually have troubled adult lives in some way or another. I just hope the whole family is really happy as they seem.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 3:01 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I think if they can have that many and accept that that's what God has chosen for them then so be it. I don't think the happines they show is fake, you can't get small children to fake it so well and even the small kids seem happy.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 3:01 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• who cares? they are very well behaved children. and im sure they dont NEED a lot of kids but they love their children and enjoy them. it doesnt hurt anyone...let them be.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:04 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I don't see a problem with it They teach their children responsibility something kids nowadays know nothing about I know a lot of families like there's I have almost 7 kids and it is really not that hard to spend one on one time with them. I don't treat all my kids fair the older ones get to do things the younger ones don't and it depends on how they behave if they are being responsible and doing what they are supposed to do then they get certain previlegies if they don't then they don't get as much freedom

abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 3:07 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• My husband says she is a an animal and should walk around nude with "pups" attacked and eat from a bowl on the floor.
    Anonymous

• attacked?

how is she an animal? thats stupid.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:16 PM on Dec. 20, 2008