Why is my 13 year old daughter always angry?

She is turning into this violent person and she thinks she is some type of dark creature. Priscilla is always screaming, cursing, and lieing to everyone. She used to be close to my older daughter, but lately she has been treating her like poop, along with her younger brother. We just moved and I know that can effect her, but she is developing an attitude that is making me tired. Please help me

Taekwondo92

Asked by Taekwondo92 at 3:07 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Oh, Girl, this age is so tough. See this is when they officially lose their minds and then they don't find them again until they have children of their own. Just hang tight. Set rules and be consistant. Make sure you know what she is doing and who she is with at ALL times. Make sure you set limits and stick to them like glue. She is testing you and the waters. The move probably made it worse. Just let her know you are there for her. Don't judge her too harshly and be there when she needs a shoulder to cry on, because she will.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 3:10 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• It might seem unlikely but every girl has different ways of dealing with the teen years and it looks like your daughter found hers.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 5:53 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• That's a terribly rough age. The move itself could have triggered her behavior. Hormones don't help the matter. If she had to change schools and start all over again it might be difficult for her to fit in now. If she had to give up her friends that could be devastating to her. Give her time to calm down but also tell her out of control behavior is not acceptable. She needs to learn coping skills. Things change in life. We all have to learn to accept change and learn to deal with them.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:23 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Get her counseling,in an activity she enjoys like dance-cheer-basketball-music...whatever, that will help her with discipline. Maybe a youth group too, to interact with kids her age more. Also, try talking to the doctor about her problems. I think counseling would be best if she is acting like this and is angry a lot.
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 1:30 AM on Dec. 21, 2008

• My oldest and youngest (15 and 20) are going through the same thing. They are at each other's throats all the time. We have to remind the 20 year old that she is not the mother even though she is the adult in our absence. We are constantly on the 15 year old to stop being a brat. They just can't seem to get along. The 17 year old just does her own thing and stays out of it...LOL.
    It's just something all teens go through when they have siblings at different ages.
    I bet S. Freud would have a field day with this one...LOL.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:43 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Its a hard age... try your hardest not to fight with her over stupid things... like her hair color. If you nag about little things thats what everything is going to sound like...nagging. Instead say it for the bigger things that can't be over looked.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 12:08 PM on Dec. 24, 2008