is it possible?

to go into preterm labor and not know it at 28wks...?
i know contractions are what apparently 'change' the cervix, but i've heard girls talk about having 'contractions' and not even know! is this really possible? can you really be in labor whether ready or prematurely and not have a clue?! or will you have SOME sort of idea...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• yes its possible depending where you have them my mom said she was only having some silt pain next thing she knew she was rushing 2 the er cuz i was already coming out i was 3 months early so its possible
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 3:14 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• you would definitely know, contractions are strong and painful!
    Anonymous

• It's definitely possible. Some people don't feel labor pains at all. Of course, they're lucky, and that's a very rare minority, lol.

I got a comment from a woman earlier today, she said she didn't feel any contractions until she was almost 6cm dilated. So it's definitely possible.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:15 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• i was in labor from 28wks. they gave me a sterioid shot and meds to stop the contraction.
    I lived in L&D...
    When in doought go. I mean thats y they are there. JMO going to L&D is faster and easer then calling your doc. Expecally on the weekends.
    i had contractions then that i felt. Later on when hard contractions came i never felt them
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 3:19 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• my sister was in labor and didnt feel anything till she was 6cm.. dont listen to anyone when they say u will always know...
    Anonymous

• But my question is, did they feel ANYTHING?! No contractions, NOTHING?!
    Anonymous

• Here's a hint. If the baby drops out on the floor, you have just experienced pre term everything!
    Anonymous

• i had contractions at 26 weeks, i didnt know til my ultrasound later that day. they were able to stop them until 30 weeks, and then they really did hurt.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 3:39 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I dilated to 1 without ever feeling a contraction. My sister says the way they measure, I was most likely 2 to 2.5 cm dilated. I didn't feel anything for that or my cervix effacing.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 3:49 PM on Dec. 20, 2008