can a diaper rash keep my baby awake through the night?

My son has a pretty bad diaper rash. I think it is a yeast infection. There are little white pimple looking bumps all over the infected area. The doctor said to put lotrimin cream on it and it doesnt seem to be helping. He wakes up every 30 min. to an hour alllll night! I feel so bad for him he also has diarrehea....any suggestions on what to do? and does this usually keep babies up throughout the night?

luvsgriffin

Asked by luvsgriffin at 3:25 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• some babies r so uncomfy with it, it wakes them up. if it is a yeast infection it might make him itch too. Try to give him an oatmeal bath
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 3:33 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• This can keep little ones up.His urine and stool burn his skin.I have always used malox,cornstarch and aquaphor cream mixed together as a paste.malox will stop the acids in the urine and liquid stools.cornstarch will help it to heal.and aquaphor crem will heal the skin and repell the urine.
    carebear2025

Answer by carebear2025 at 3:35 PM on Dec. 20, 2008