How can I get a credit card with next to no credit?

My younger sisters both got one, and they're closer to no credit than I am. I have slightly bad credit, but closer to none... if that makes sense. I don't know how they did it!

I don't want anything with a high limit... just something to help us between paydays, when we need food or gas. I have applied for two different ones in the last month with no luck!

What can I do?!

PS I'm in Canada, if that changes things.

AdensMama0308

Asked by AdensMama0308 at 12:06 PM on Jul. 29, 2011 in Money & Work

• You can get one, but alot of times it will have a annual fee. I had to get one like that just to build my credit back up. Good Luck!
    Onlyeyes

Answer by Onlyeyes at 12:14 PM on Jul. 29, 2011

• good question im curious too. Bump for ya
    prettynpink343

Answer by prettynpink343 at 12:09 PM on Jul. 29, 2011

• It's easier to first get a store credit card to build more credit and, then apply for a visa or mc.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:22 PM on Jul. 29, 2011

• Go to your local bank and get a secured credit card. You will have to have cash in hand to get one, but it's a way to (re)build credit.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:27 PM on Jul. 29, 2011

• You will pretty much have to get a secured card and pay for it. Just look up secured credit cards for rebuilding credit and see which one fits you best and then apply. Be prepared to pay a fee.
    MommyDimples

Answer by MommyDimples at 1:11 PM on Jul. 29, 2011

• Do it through your bank.
    Anonymous