Are child cares safe for infants?

LoveMommy12

Asked by LoveMommy12 at 3:36 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they are prone to get sick easer..but yes..
    if your looking for one look at ALL of them by you...church ones and privet...all.
    deside basiced on cleaness and the ppl..also how many kids per person
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 3:38 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Depends on it. It's a given though if you're child is a crier and needs to be held 24/7 - you might see your child as neglected/unsafe. I have 2 children (pregnant with my third), and I watch 2 other kids from home. It's tough, but I can promise you I give both the girls the same love I give my 2 boys.
    mom23boys679

Answer by mom23boys679 at 3:44 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Overall - yes. It's a pretty broad question.
    It's up to you as the parent to find one that you are comfortable with. You RARELY hear of anything happening. Millions of children are in child care every day.
    richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 3:58 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• They can be. Be very picky with the child care facility. When you are visiting pay attention to security and safety. If no one acknowledges your presence when you walk in, walk right back out. Doors should be locked and people should be preferably buzzed in. If the doors are open there should be another divider between the children and visitors. ID checks are another plus. Fire Extinguishers, smoke alarms, extra exits, and what nots. Check and observe the other children in the room. Are they maintained cleaned? Do the children seem happy to be there? If you can go when they open that would be great. Watch how the children behave when they are dropped off.
    BoobooHealer

Answer by BoobooHealer at 4:25 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I wouldn't take my baby to a home child care center unless it was someone I knew personally. I'd be more apt to trust a child care facility though I'd really prefer to care for my baby myself. But as long as they a certified by the state then they should be as safe as they can get. Hopefully.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 7:21 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I've done both center and licensed home child care. The home child care was a much better experience for the baby. They are held more and get more individual attention. Centers have a lot of babies and they sometimes spend a lot of time in the swing. They also have a lot of different people handling them everyday as each teacher, assistant teacher, aide and work study college student fills in. Most kids are there longer than a teacher's shift. They are exposed to illness by more children. Background checks are a must by everyone who is around the children home or center. What kind of training do they and how much each year. Drop in and see how they handle the kids. The center was very cold, sterile and very very structured. The home daycare was licensed, clean, organized and flexible with what the kids wanted to do. Yet she gave each child the individual attention they need. Check it out, go with your gut feeling.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 10:12 PM on Jun. 2, 2009