I want her out. -no bashing please-

I am 39 weeks and absolutly miserable. I haven't slept in three days, I do not have any appettite, I am sore and hurting all the time. My doctor told me to take tylenol pm to help me sleep. She also said she would not induce me till I was 41 weeks. She is doing fine, although she doesn't move as much anymore. But I figured that is only because she doesn't have much room. My next appt. will be after my due date. How can I tell them I want her out now. She is healthy and I know my risk of a csection is a bit higher.

*also being that me and my hubby are both college students ( i know this sounds bad...but we would like her to be out before the 31. Not just for us, but to help make sure she has things she needs and we have the money for it.*

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I understand where you are at. I was feeling the same way. You can try walking and sex and nipple stimulation. Those are pretty much the safest things to do. Honestly, it is so nice to hear your doctor won't induce until you are past your due date. It is the best for your baby.
    Why is your risk for a c-section higher? Just curious.
    I have thought a lot about how I felt towards the end of my first pregnancy, and determined that I had to get to the point that I wanted him out in order to embrace labor. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and your little girl joins you soon. :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 3:43 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Sometimes with first time mothers being induced and maybe not being dilated as much slows it down or something.

Dont get me wrong i dont want her out solely for tax reasons, i cant wait for her to be here. i have made sure her room is perfect and clean and everything is just right and she has everything and I am soooo excited to be a mommy.

Anonymous

• The risk of a c-section goes up if you're medically induced.

That's one reason I refused induction before 41 weeks (plus my doctor agreed with me since I'm a first time mom).

But I know EXACTLY COMPLETELY TOTALLY how you feel. I'm 40 weeks today, and I'm absolutely frickin pissed that I don't have a baby yet. I've cried all day long. I'm so depressed and in pain. Gahhh.

There's really no way to convince your doctor to induce you before 41 weeks if they said they won't do it. It's for liability purposes, and a lot of doctors won't do it unless it's medically necessary. It sucks...but just wait two more weeks if you can. Hopefully your baby will come out before then!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:49 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Oh, and I agree with you about wanting a baby before January.

I haven't spent 40 weeks waiting for a 2009 baby, yanno?
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:50 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• haha, thank you! I feel bad for admiting it but seriously.
    Anonymous

• Walk, walk, walk....
    richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 3:55 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I'm due on the 30th, believe me I know how you feel!! My midwife told me 3 weeks ago it would be any day now....lol. He's just trying to prove her wrong now. And don't feel even the least bit guilty about the money. Given today's times I think we ALL need all we can get. I'm REALLY counting on that extra deduction on our taxes too so I'm hoping my little guy makes his appearance soon too. Good luck to you I hope you go soon!
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 4:01 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Walk, have lots of sex (but make sure you have an orgasm it causes contractions), scrub the floors on your hands and knees. That's all I can think of for now. The scrubbing floors is what sent me into labor with my last dd.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 4:45 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Blue Cohosh is sometimes used by mid wives to induce labor naturally. It can be found in health food and herbal stores. It has side effects and some consider it dangerous to use. I suggest you look it up talk to a dr and who will probably tell you every thing bad about it then talk to an herbalist who might actually know what they are talking about. I took it with my fourth child and took half the recommended dose with in 3 days I was in active labor. It did make me want to puke when I took it but the puking wasn't bad. Think about it carefully weigh your options and make an informed decision.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 4:49 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Use Jasmine or sandalwood incense. Jasmine oil massaged into your tummy might help bring on contractions. It certainly can't hurt to try. I don't recommend caster oil, but if you try that route drink plenty of water so you don't become overly dehydrated. It will make you have diarrhea which in turn irritates the uterus causing contractions. The diarrhea also dehydrates you which is why I say to drink plenty of water. Whatever you try I wish you luck.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:07 PM on Dec. 20, 2008