Countries without separation of church and state

Can someone give me a list of countries that do not have separation of church and state.

do these countries have lower or higher crime rates? Are their governments considered more productive?

Are their court systems considered to be at a higher respect than the American Court systems.

**personally i don't think you can get much better than the American government. I enjoy our religious freedom**

vntNyll

Asked by vntNyll at 1:38 PM on Jul. 29, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I am Christian and find that I have no problem with my freedoms. But I also know people who are Jewish, relations, and they have as much freedom as I do.
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 1:49 PM on Jul. 29, 2011

• vntNyll - in many areas atheists can not legally run for gov't office.
    MegMurry

Answer by MegMurry at 3:52 PM on Jul. 29, 2011

• I was born in a Christian country and ironically have far more religious freedom than American atheists.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:45 PM on Jul. 29, 2011

• Can't get much better than the American government? I must disagree with you on that one.
    sgr123

Answer by sgr123 at 2:12 PM on Jul. 29, 2011

• I was born in England and now live in Canada.  I have the freedom to be openly atheist without violent repercussions or being shunned by society.   Many American atheists live in hiding and constant fear.  If that is a free country, I'm not seeing it.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:59 PM on Jul. 29, 2011

• Japan.... lower Christian population though.
    Tokyo has one of the lowest crime rates for a big city
    (and, ya, the American government CAN get better.. this one sucks.)
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 2:49 PM on Jul. 29, 2011

• vntNyll ... here's one example --->

http://www.citizen-times.com/article/20091208/NEWS01/912080327/Critics-Cecil-Bothwell-cite-N-C-bar-atheists

North Carolina's constitution is clear: politicians who deny the existence of God are barred from holding office.

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 4:25 PM on Jul. 29, 2011

• That would be all of them but ours. Canada has a lip-service clause about it, but there's a loophole in it that lets the government do what they want anyway. Many countries choose to respect religious rights. Ours is the only one that requires it by law.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:41 PM on Jul. 29, 2011

• Article 19 of the Arkansas state constitution. Prohibits atheists from holding elected office or being sworn in as a witness in a court case (they are considered incompetent by the court). If anyone were to ever try to challenge it, it would be overturned by the SCOTUS, but until that happens, there it is.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:23 PM on Jul. 29, 2011

• many festivals are run BY the government (sorry, typo lol)
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 4:29 PM on Jul. 29, 2011