Does your baby scream or cry during any diaper changes?

Our two-months old baby boy has screamed or cried during almost every diaper change since he was born. Does your baby scream or cry during a diaper change? If so, did you do anything to make him stop? If so, what was it? We have tried everything of which we could think - moving the changing table away from the vent or where it is cold, singing to him, talking to him, giving him a pacifier - and none of it has really worked for any extended period of time. We would like any suggestions to try, please. Thanks.

Svetlana98usa

Asked by Svetlana98usa at 4:35 PM on Jul. 29, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Some babies just plain don't like getting changed. He should out grow it. My daughter and son both went through phases like that. Good luck to you ^_^
    Eko

Answer by Eko at 4:38 PM on Jul. 29, 2011

• Does he has a rash? Cold wipes?
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 4:40 PM on Jul. 29, 2011

• All mine did at first. A lot of times it was the cold baby wipes. Also an y time they had any rash it was very hard for them. I also had a big problem using the changing tables in stores. They would scream and cry more there than anywhere else because they didn't feel secure.
    We now have a warmer for the wipes and that helps.
    Grungalax

Answer by Grungalax at 4:40 PM on Jul. 29, 2011

• He used to have a rash because of his sensitive skin, but it is mostly gone. We have only changed his diapers at home so far because of the screaming and we don't want to bother other people with a screaming baby.
    Svetlana98usa

Comment by Svetlana98usa (original poster) at 4:45 PM on Jul. 29, 2011

• totally normal. my babies hated/hate getting their diapers changed no matter what. It's an ongoing war to change their diaper.
    marieadams

Answer by marieadams at 5:12 PM on Jul. 29, 2011

• my son was like that at the beginning, crying everytime we change him. I think he just doesn't like it b/c it's cold and the wipe is cold. He eventually grew out of it after couple of wks. He also stop peeing on you too.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 9:10 PM on Jul. 29, 2011