What is your take on Cyber-Bullying?

I see the lady in St. Charles, MO, will be charged somehow with cyber-bullying in regards to that little girls' suicide last year. Laws are being established. Do you agree?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I think people need to realize that the computer can be turned off. Cyber bullying laws are going a bit far in my book.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 11:23 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I agree. I also believe that a person should not allow them to do it either. Some person on cm thought they were going to bully me until I started on them back. When they found out I was not taking it they stopped.
    Anonymous

• cyber-bullying is the same as bullying in person
    i agree that there should be laws against it, but the only problem is how to enforce it
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 4:26 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• yep to me its like domestic violence their is physical and verbal but both wrong just like cyber-bullying is to

Anonymous

• I am very ignorant on this because I have not heard much about it. Interesting issue though and food for thought. I will have to look into it more before I have an opinion.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 4:43 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I have noticed that if you do not agree with a person and keep questioning what they are saying, they will go to your home page and attempt to terroize you.
    Anonymous

• Absolutely...these people should have to own up to the things that they post. That is why it bothers me when someone posts a heinous answer to a post. If you are going to be that rude or ignorant at least own up to who you are so that steps may be taken in understanding one another. I think the only time you should post anon is when your answer isn't inflammatory but unpopular and you are afraid to be bashed for it.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 4:53 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• That's why people should be so rude or quick to judge. When I post a question I get so many rude comments, and the question I asked was in no way meant to be taking in any negative way. The way people respond to things is so disrespectful. Especially when I try to justify why I asked my question, they just get more rude. People need to grow up and realize most people are not trying to instigate a fight, they are just trying to get real answers, and if they have to reply harshly and someone nicely replies and tries to tell them that that's not what it was meant to be taken as, accept that. Don't try again to be rude back.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:14 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Cyber-bullying is terrible. I'm not sure how one would go about enforcing a law against it but I'd be all for it.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:56 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• There is alot of that here with ppl jumping dwn ur throat for asking a question.
    Anonymous