Braxton Hicks vs. real contractions vs. constipation?? adult content

So yesterday and today I have felt icky. My tummy just hasn't felt right. My lil' guy is active and moving around. But my tummy feels kind of tight, BUT not on and off tight more like permanently tight and kind of crampy. It almost feels like I have to have a bowel movement, I've been passing gas like crazy and have had a small bowel movement a day (doesn't feel like enough though) As a FTM I have no idea what Braxton hicks or regular contractions feel like. Could I possibly be having them? Does anyone have any other ideas what this could be?

mamaSomeday

Asked by mamaSomeday at 8:23 PM on Jul. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• how far along are you?
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:25 PM on Jul. 29, 2011

• I'll be 32 weeks tomorrow
    mamaSomeday

Comment by mamaSomeday (original poster) at 8:27 PM on Jul. 29, 2011

• they are probably braxton hicks. they dont hurt they just feel tight and make it kinda hard to move and breath.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:29 PM on Jul. 29, 2011

• Try drinking a big glass of water, stay hydrated, relax for a while see if it eases up. It sounds like persistent braxton hicks... If it gerts worse call your nurses line to double check.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:33 PM on Jul. 29, 2011

• It sounds like gas and constipation to me. with my 2nd baby i had gas so bad that i thought it was labor. it was coming and going and had me on my knees in the hall crying. but it was only because of the combination of the gas and constipation. but if you are in alot of pain i would call LD and talk to them
    momma_dannie

Answer by momma_dannie at 9:22 PM on Jul. 29, 2011

• great question, im 30 wks and feel the exact same way today! ive been walking alot 2day and after a hot shower. i feel a little better but dred trying to lay down and go to sleep!
    Angelosmom11

Answer by Angelosmom11 at 2:42 AM on Jul. 30, 2011