When did you stop taking your kid to the bathroom

and letting them go on their own when you are eating out or something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in General Parenting

• If I can see the bathroom from our seat age 6. Age 8 otherwise.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:40 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• when my son was 7 he no longer wanted to go in the women's room. I still stood by the men's room door. Every time I always ask him, what's the rule? "Never talk to strangers" he tells me.If he is in there longer than I think he should be I start calling his name.
    tessntylersmom

Answer by tessntylersmom at 4:45 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I always went with my girls. I would also take a son into the ladies room before I let him go in with someone else. Because my brother was stalked, not once, but twice in his youth, when going into men's rooms by himself. Had two men "peek" in on him. Once at the mall and another at a restroom while traveling. I would never let them out of my site ladies.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 5:10 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I let my son start going in the mens room alone when he was 4 but I would stand outside the door, I also don't have issues walking into the mens room if needed.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:02 PM on Dec. 20, 2008