I need advice to be able to stay at home...I need cost cutting advice/budgeting advice, etc. Thanks

Advice needed

Sofiasmom

Asked by Sofiasmom at 2:26 AM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I need the same advice so I hope you get more replies!
    One thing I've started doing is going online to the grocery store website to look at the specials. You can make your shopping list by selecting things from the site. I check out 3 stores near my house and go to at least two of them each week. We also eat only the meat and soda that goes on sale.
    MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 7:41 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Shop for clothes at Goodwill,other thrift stores and yard sales. That's where most of our clothes come from and we have nice name brand stuff that we only paid a few dollars for. I do most of my grocery shopping at Save a Lot and Aldi. The only name brand products I buy are peanut butter, ketchup and toilet paper. For cell phones, me and my husband both have tracfones which are prepaid phones. We use the family value plan which is only $15 a month. My husband gets 50 minutes automatically added and I get 30 which, with my new phone I got double minutes for life so now I get 60 minutes a month. We don't use our phones very much so this works for us.To save on gas, I try to run all my errands in one shot; there's an Aldi next to the Curves where I exercise so I walk down there after I work out andbuy my groceries. I transferred my prescriptions to Walgreens which is across the street from Curves so I can just walk over there after exercising.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 7:52 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I also shop at Aldi. My husband has a prepaid cell phone, and I don't even have one. Our dish ( tv) is just the basic channels, which keeps it around $40 a month. I think I've turned the air on twice this summer. Sure it gets warm, but the electric bill is low. We do alot of free stuff with the kids. Parks, walks, just playing outside.We also only have one cedit card, which we don't really use. When I go to the store, I pay cash, so I stay on budget.
    barrettboys

Answer by barrettboys at 8:36 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Look at all of your bills and see where you can cut. I bundled my internet, cable and home phone into one package and am paying about $45 less a month. I also canceled HBO. I watched it only a couple of times a month and after I got rid of it I don't even miss it. Check into your cell phone and see if you can switch plans. With gas prices so high, see if you can use public transportation. I save at least $75 a month by taking the bus because I don't have to pay for parking or for the gas. Shop at the dollar store for household items (cleaning supplies, paper towels, toilet paper) and check online or in the newspaper for weekly ads at the different stores.

http://1sttimeparents-whatdowedonow.blogspot.com
    NoJo

Answer by NoJo at 9:51 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Their is a great website called the grocergame.com. Basically you collect your coupons out of the Sunday paper every sunday and make a pile. Every sunday they e-mail you which ones to clip out of which week. I have never paid for shampoo/conditoner/toothbushes or razors. it's like 10 bucks every 8 weeks. You also get to select which grocery store appeals to you. I save anywhere from 50-80% on my grocerys. I also use Target brand formula. If you compare the labels from enfamil to Target it's the same thing just a different package. I don't care for target diapers but their wipes are awesome.
    QsMommy7474

Answer by QsMommy7474 at 12:48 AM on Jul. 15, 2008