Have you heard of this?

So I have been cramping really bad since yesterday. I finally called the after hours person who got A doctor to call me. He told me it was just my body preparing for labor since I've already had a kid. That it's nothing to worry about and he wants me to come in only when they're two to five min apart for an hour. Well it's like a constant pressure and it justdoesn't feel like anything I've ever felt. So then he told me that he wants me to be atleast four to five centimeters dialated before going in to deliver my kid. Um.. I was at three on Thursday and how am I supposed to know when I'm four? Does anyone have any advice? Have you heard of this being normal?

yourmarkgirl

Asked by yourmarkgirl at 4:40 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I'd just go in and have them check you. How the heck are we supposed to know how dilated we are?
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 4:57 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• How far along are you? If you are having consistent contractions, then I would suggest you start timing them... unless you are completely against laboring at home for the first part of your labor. Dilation isn't really that important for the first part, but doctors don't want you in too early, because there is nothing for them to do, since you could have hours left.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 5:29 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• oh I'm 37 weeks
    yourmarkgirl

Answer by yourmarkgirl at 5:53 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Cramping could be back labor. That is what I had. Put your hands on your stomach. If you can feel the entire thing tightening, then you are having contractions. If not, you might have something else... BH, gas, etc.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 5:59 PM on Dec. 20, 2008