what are fun things to do with a one year old?

Lately my DD has been getting really bored at home...she has lots of toys to play with, but she gets bored with the same toys everyday. I want to take her like to a daycare so she can play with other kids, but I don't want to pay for daycare...yaknow. anywho if you have any ideas that would be great. Oh yeah I live in upstate NY and the temp is currently 3 degrees out so going outside to play is not an option...lol
Thanks

iLuVmYMaDiSoN07

Asked by iLuVmYMaDiSoN07 at 4:45 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Get a copy of The Toddler Busy Book. It has great, cheap ideas for 1 and 2 year olds.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:52 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Join a playgroup. That way she gets to play with other kids, and you don't have to pay.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 4:55 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Have you checked to see if there is a Cafemom group for moms in your area? I joined one for mine, and the women regularly get together at a local McDonald's or other restaurant wiht a play area (Chuckie Cheese?)for lunch and let the kids have a playdate. Somethimes they set up meetings at local parks or pools. It's in a neutral place so you don't have strange people in your home (or have to go to theirs), and you also get to meet with moms you've been hanging out with here!
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 5:19 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Hello. Off the topic, but when I saw the Upstate, NY i couldn't help but comment. I'm in Massena. Hope you're ready for this wonderful snow storm we're getting tomorrow! =)
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 5:54 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I have started introducing new things to my daughter and she is has absolutely fallen in love with chasing bubbles, coloring or drawling (Crayola Color Wonders no worry about walls,etc.). Oh and we are going to buy her a 55" trampoline with enclosure . She got on one the other day and stayed on it for an whole hours straight. She took an awesome nap that day...LOL...just a few ideas.
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 1:23 AM on Dec. 21, 2008