I need help!

It's happened again... and again... and again... in school. This time the principal called me.She (10 yo dd) and 2 others were caught spitting on another girl on the bus. The mom called the school. A week ago her teacher called me she was caught throwing a snowball (along w/another boy) at a house. I could go on and on w/past episodes. I wonder if she does it for the thrill of it all?? Any one else have troubles like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Dec. 20, 2008 in General Parenting

• You are not alone. She's young and probably just wants attention and thats her way. Plus at her age fitting in can be tough. I had to act mean and tough at her age because I was skinny. People would do all kinds of things to me, so when that next school yr came around I was hell on wheels. Now I have a 2y/o she was throwing, kicking and got kicked right out of daycare. Yeah the ages are different but they are doing the same things. Just love her and sit down and try to find out what going on in her head. Mines was my mom working over nights so I never relly saw her. Same with my daughter but now Im a SAHM.
    Anonymous

• i would "scare" her by having a police officer talk to her about assult (spitting on someone) and damaging property (throwing snowballs) and what happens to people who do these things
    i had to do something like that with my neice once
    she was six and my baby was 6mths and she was hurting him so dh took her to the police station and the sargent told her what happens to people who hurt babies
    she cam home and told me she doesn't want to go to jail, and she was sorry and she would never hurt my baby again
    she never acted like that ever again either
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 5:40 PM on Dec. 20, 2008